Minimal Administration Required
The changes included in this release are estimated to have a potentially minimal impact on DGIS systems and DGIS administrator responsibilities. Actions required may vary depending on materials and regulations used within your DGIS system. Please see below for more details.
Any templates or parts that include UNIDs with changes in this document may need to be updated on October 15th with the revised materials.
Update Highlights – This release will include regulatory updates to the DGLs, DGAs, Packing Instructions, Variations, and any other type of regulatory content for Q3 2018. Listed below are examples of key changes:
- UN3527 entries without the text 'solid base material' as part of the PSN have been added as options.
- AFMAN 24-204
- Old, no longer valid entries for UN3166 and UN3269 have been removed.
- International Air
- Multiple State and Carrier Variation updates.
- TDG regulations have been updated to reflect Canada's TDG SOR/2017-137 and 2017-253 Amendments.
- Proper Shipping Name changes:
- All instances of the word 'ship', 'navire' (French), 'passenger carrying ship' and 'passenger-carrying ship' have been replaced with 'vessel', 'bâtiment', and 'passenger carrying vessel' respectively.
- Multiple Special Provisions have been added into the DGA.
- UPS Domestic
- UN1395, UN1408, UN3130, and UN3434 materials with PG III are no longer permitted via ground service to Canada.
- UPS International
- Special provision A802 added to 3480 and 3090.
- Shipper's Declaration Form
- Emergency Contact Name/Phone fields now include '24-hour' text for all regulations.
- Plywood Drum is now a selectable outer package type.
- Custom Carriers
- Duplicates of existing carriers or variants of UPS/FedEx can no longer be added as custom carriers.
- Fiberboard Drum, Steel Jerrican, and Steel Pail have been added as additional outer packaging types.
- Single Packaging is now selectable for certain materials when shipping Cargo Only.
Bug Fixes - While there are numerous bug fixes included in this release, a list of highlighted bug fixes can be found below:
- Rare circumstances where ADR forms were printing only in English instead of dual-language have been resolved.
- Class 1 and Class 7 materials no longer show the UNID on the label diagram.
- UN3493 is now correctly marked as Forbidden and is no longer selectable.
- UN3469 and UN3470 now show packing instruction A12.2 in the DGA.
- PG III Class 6.1 materials no longer receive an incorrect FX-02 error.
- Limited Quantity materials now show the Gross Weight on the diagram instead of the material quantity.
- Instances where the total gross weight was printing on the Shipper's Declaration form when it should not have been resolved.
- Shipments with multiple UN3480 parts with different PI sections now validate maximum quantities properly.
- An invalid warning when single outer packagings starting with Plastic or Cylinder are selected has been removed.
- A technical name is no longer required for UN3373 Category B.
- An extra space has been removed from the UPS outer packaging type 'Plywood Box', allowing it to integrate with UPS WorldShip.
- Materials with multiple subrisks have been updated to properly integrate with UPS WorldShip.
- Errors when searching Integration files by shipment date have been resolved.
- When selected, the material property 'Non-Odorized' now appears in the correct order in the material sequence for 49CFR UPS Laser shipments.
- Carrier/State Variations
- UN0503 was not giving an error if no EX/CA was entered per USG-16.
- Class 1 materials without an EX number entered will no longer display warnings outside of the US, and the correct warning message within the US.
- Dangerous Goods Advisor (DGA)
- The IMDG DGA was showing the HML9 label instead of HMLB9 (lithium battery specific) for UN3480, UN3481, UN3090, and UN3091.
- The IMDG, ADR, AFMAN, and IATA DGAs were showing the wrong Class 9 label, without the horizontal line.
- The 49CFR DGA was showing the class 6.1 placard for class 2.3 materials.
- Multiple updates for incorrect or missing information in the AFMAN DGA.
- Variant parts can now share the same part number.
- A missing space has been added between the overpack counts and the overpack ID on the Shipper's Declaration Form.
- Metal Jerrican non-removable head (3N1) and Metal Jerrican removable head (3N2) have been removed as selectable outer package types.
- Issues adjusting training records have been resolved.
- The 'Contract' default values field has been limited to 50 characters to prevent an error.