The purpose of the Report Layout Editor is to allow you to manipulate how information gets printed on the Vessel forms (Multimodal and IMO) either by substituting text that would not be printed otherwise or entering text that will always print on the form.
It is recommended to not set a custom layout as a Default but rather to select the custom layout when at the Print Preview window. This is because the custom layout is only used for specific shipments where DGIS does not display the information in the order or placement desired.
Creating a Custom Report Layout
To access the Report Layout Edit: Log in to DGIS, click the Shipping Papers tab, go down to Tools and click Report Layout Editor
NOTE: Prior to creating this custom layout I had created a IMO declaration where I had entered the Net Weight in the Gross Weight field of the Material screen. This specific example was created before DGIS was able to print the Net Weight in the Net Weight column. Although you wouldn't need to create this particular custom tag it is a good way familiarize yourself with how the process works.
The following steps will place the Net Weight (kg) in the Net Weight column when you do a print job.
- In the Form Type field select Multimodal or IMO Declaration (For this example the IMO Declaration has been selected.)
- In the NW (kg) column hover your mouse over the text inside the column and click the red x
- Hover your mouse to the right of the Cube (m3) column and click the plus sign. Click and drag the newly created "box" and place under the NW (kg) column
- ** Then click and drag the Cube (m^3) tag located under the Package Tags column and place inside the box under the NW (kg) column
- Click the plus sign in the Layout's Custom Tags header under Material Tags
- Click and drag UNID and place it inside the newly created box. The blinking cursor should be at the end of the text. If it isn't then you'll have to click and drag UNID and move it to the Trash and start again. - You have to wait for the cursor to blink before you can click and drag your next Material tag; To create a line break press Shift+Enter on your keyboard
- Click the Save button at any point to save your custom tag.
- After it's been saved click the Pencil icon to edit the tag.
- Click and drag the custom tag you created and place inside box (Step 3). You can resize the box by placing your mouse at the edges dragging to expand.
- To save the layout enter a name in the Name column, mark the "Is Active" checkbox and click the Save button.
4 ** The background changes color when you drag the newly created box
Below are examples of Custom layouts:
For the UNID customer tag I clicked the plus sign to create my custom tag. It was a straight drag and drop.
For the Inner packaging custom tag I clicked the plus sign to create my custom tag. I typed the word Inner packaging, pressed the spacebar, entered equals sign and dragged the Inner Count, pressed spacebar, entered X and dragged the Packing Type and Inner Packaging Type.
For the Minimum flashpoint custom tag I clicked the plus sign to create my custom tag. I typed Minimum flashpoint, entered semicolon, dragged Min flashpoint in ° C from Material tags, typed c.c.
This is how the custom tags were grouped under the Number and Kind of Packages, Description of Goods column
Applying your custom layout
At DGIS's Print>Shipments screen go the top upper left corner of the Print preview window and in the Details Layout field click the drop-down arrow and choose your layout. Click the Regenerate Reports button to apply change.