Minimal Administration Required
The changes included in this release are estimated to have a potentially minimal impact on DGIS systems and DGIS administrator responsibilities. Actions required may vary depending on materials and regulations used within your DGIS system. Please see below for more details.
Any templates or parts that include UNIDs with changes in this document may need to be updated on April 3rd with the revised materials.
Update Highlights – This release will include regulatory updates to the DGLs, DGAs, Packing Instructions, Variations, Regulations Module and any other type of regulatory content from Q2 2016. Listed below are examples of key changes:
- The Proper Shipping Name “Ammonium nitrate, with not more than 0.2% combustible substances, including any organic substance, calculated as carbon to the exclusion of any other added substance” (UN1942) has been updated to “Ammonium nitrate, with not more than 0.2% combustible substances, including any organic substance calculated as carbon, to the exclusion of any other added substance”.
- UN1210 entries with a PSN of only “Printing Ink” have been removed.
- International Air
- UN3480 is forbidden aboard Passenger Aircraft as of April 1st. This change will be effective in DGIS on April 1st.
- UN3171 has been changed from one entry with a PSN of “Battery-powered vehicle or Battery-powered equipment.” to two separate entries with PSNs of “Battery-powered vehicle” and “Battery-powered equipment.”
- The PSN “Trinitrobenzene” (UN1354) has been updated to “Trinitrobenzene, wetted”.
- The PSN “Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s.” (UN3077) has been updated to “Environmentally hazardous substance, solid, n.o.s.”
- The text “Ammonia solutions” in the PSNs for UN2073 and UN2672 has been updated to “Ammonia solution”.
- Added a warning message when selecting a material with PI 965 “Lithium ion cells and/or batteries shipped under PI 965 Sections IA and IB must be offered for transport at a state of charge (SoC) not exceeding 30% of their rated design capacity. See PI 965 for further specific information and allowances.”
- Shipper’s declaration forms now include the text ’24 hr.’ before the emergency contact information.
Bug Fixes – While there are numerous bug fixes included in this release, a list of highlighted bug fixes can be found below:
- Resolved issues related to web service calls causing UI based logins to expire.
- Fixed rights issues with certain express accounts.
- Fixed problems with sending password reset emails.
- Resolved issue with reader notes on UN3373.
- Fixed labeling diagram issues with ID8000.
- Resolved issues with class 6.2 labeling diagrams (ADR) and class 6.2 infectious contact fields (ADR, Maritime, and AFMAN).
- Corrected placement of empty packaging text in material sequence for AFMAN.
- Changed RQ to only print in the basic description section on the Bill of Lading.
- Updated link to FedEx Ground on home tab (Express and Regs users only).
- A duplicate entry of UN2015 for Maritime has been removed.